Miscellaneous Information: Epsom Salt Baths
If you are strong enough to get into and out of a bath tub, do the following:Back to FAQ
- Purchase some Epsom Salts at a local drug, grocery or discount store.
- Follow directions for the Epsom Salts carton and fill your tub with as hot of water as you can stand.
- Take a good book or magazine with you and get into the tub.
- Immerse as much of your body as possible, especially any area that may have a rash. (For Women with breast cancer, it is a good idea to also immerse your breasts during these baths.)
- Stay in the tub until the water becomes cool (or as directed on the carton of Epsom Salts). By this point in time, your body will most likely feel a bit on the slimy side. You might even notice some interesting looking "stuff" floating around in the water.
- Take a shower to remove the slimy film.
- REPEAT as often as you like.